For more information & prices please use our Contact Form
Call us (Toll Free): 866-434-0843
Modules for your own projects using the WWVB time signal
- Simple interface options to allow easy integration of accurate timekeeping into electronic equipment, domestic goods, etc.
- A low cost solution using dedicated chips designed specifically to receive the WWVB (USA) time signal.
The advantage of modules over discrete solutions is that the modules include the necessary support electronics, tuned crystals, etc., and are preassembled, tested and in miniature form
EM2S Receiver Module
When combined with a suitable Antenna the receiver module acts as a complete time code receiver, providing a serial digital data output stream for external decoding.
The module has a low-power standby mode with maximum 1µA current consumption. In active mode the current consumption is less than 1mA, typically 500µA. The data output is connected internally with an active low open collector npn transistor.
EM2S Receiver Module General Specifications:
- Dimensions: 25mm × 13mm × 12mm approx.
- Nominal operating voltage: +3V DC to 12V DC
- Operating voltage range: 2.2V to 15V DC
- Recommended voltage range: 3V to 5.25V
- Current consumption at+3V:
- active: <1mA
- standby: <1µA
- Output: Open collector npn transistor, active low
- Maximum sink current: 15µA
- Maximum collector voltage: +5.25V
This pre-aligned LC tuned ferrite antenna is specifically designed for use with the EM2S Receiver Module.
Antenna General Specifications:
- Dimensions: 60mm × 13mm or 100mm × 13 mm
- Nominal operating frequency: 60kHz or 77.5KHz depending on model
- Resonant frequency: 60kHz ± 300Hz or 77.5 ± 300Hz
- Bandwidth (-3dB): <700Hz
- Sensitivity: >8µV output voltage with 100µV.m-1 field strength
MCM-RS232 Microcontroller Decoder Module
When combined with the EM2 Receiver Module and the Antenna, this module provides time information in standard RS232 data format via a serial interface. External buffering to full RS232 levels is required and can be achieved using a proprietary RS232 level shifter IC. The advantage of the module compared to direct host decoding of the receiver output is the presence of exact decoded time information all of the time and no processing overhead. The module also features a real time clock that recalibrates itself against the Atomic Radio Time Signal when it synchronizes with the Atomic Radio Time Signal
MCM-RS232 General Specifications:
- Dimensions: 22mm x 13mm x 5mm approx
- Nominal operating voltage: +3V DC
- Operating voltage range: +2.4V DC to +3.6V DC
- Current consumption at+3V:
- Active: <1mA
- Standby: <50µA
- Time code data input (from EM2S), or EM6.
- Serial data input (from host PC via suitable level converter)
- Power control output (for EM2S), Switching output (for external time control), via suitable circuitry.
- Serial data output (to host PC via suitable level converter)
For more information please contact us